Thursday, May 25, 2017

Breathe


I took this picture after my kids fed the pet carp at this little lake. It's a nice little campground away from the busyness of town. There is nice breeze, sunshine and trees. The smell of lighter fluid and charcoal float through the air promising hamburgers and hot dogs. This is my happy place. Being in nature, and yes, sleeping in a tent.

While I am here I am taking the time to breathe. I don't have to think about if I am a mess or if I have it all together. I don't have to worry if every word I say is offending someone. I don't have to winder who I am going to upset next. I don't have to navigate relationships and people skills with anxiety. I do not have to rethink and second guess and over analyze every situation.

I get to BREATHE.....
I get to be ME.....
I get to ENJOY MY FAMILY.....
I get to REST.....

Please take time to breathe. Find a place that is your happy place, and just enjoy the moment. People with high anxiety are usually not good at self care. We are too busy making sure everyone else is happy. So I am going to take the time to relax, enjoy the beauty in nature, listen to the stillness of the night and soak in the warmth of the sun. Most of all I am going to breathe. Just breathe.